Friday, August 22, 2014

The August Break 2014 - shadow

They called the little one Shadow,
for he followed us everywhere.
We tied him at the curb to wait,
but still his shadow trailed along.
Do you see the ring he is tied to?
These rings are historic to Portland, Oregon.
Someone has attached miniature horses throughout the city
and when you least expect it there they are.
I took them some tea, but they had traveled on to another ring
somewhere in the city.
Farewell my little friend,
I always liked the spotted ones the best.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

How cute! Sounds like Portland needs to be on my places to visit one day. Have a blessed day Marilyn!

Lorrie said...

How whimsical! Our youngest and her husband were in Portland this summer and loved the city.

Unknown said...

I like it. Next time I'm in Portland, I'll be keeping an eye out for them.

Laura Morrigan said...

How lovely! That makes me want to do something similar! I love whimsical things like that!

Steph said...

So fun!