Friday, December 9, 2016

Time for Tea

As I sit here working on my next and final book on tea, it is time for tea.
Dreaming of walking by the sea or floating on a little boat sipping and nibbling.
The boat in the picture I made as a young girl.
It is a bit tattered, but still holds my Banana Sushi.
Have you made Banana Sushi for tea time with a little one?
It is a delight and oh so easy.
Take one banana and cut in 3/4 - 1 inch slices.
Wrap banana in a strip of same width fruit leather,
holding in place with a pick.
For the fish on top add Swedish gummy fish.
And there you have it, the perfect little delight to go with a cup of tea.

.................................

Reading short stories by Rosamunde Pilcher, The Blue Bedroom and other stories.  From Home for the Day:  " The kettle boiled.  He made tea, and filled a vacuum flask, found mugs, a bottle of milk, a packet of lump sugar.  He went through the cake tins and found a huge fruit loaf.  He cut three substantial slices, then put everything into a basket, pulled on an old jacket, and let himself out of the house. ...............He came up with his basket, feeling like the farmer's wife, He said, I thought it was time we all had a cup of tea."

Maybe some Banana Sushi could go into the basket
and take down to the sea.

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Make time for tea!

5 comments:

Mary said...

. . . . . and I'm guessing that 'little one' is sweet D - how lucky he has such a creative Grandmother!

Nice to hear you are writing another tea book - I really admire you and your efforts to produce lovely things Marilyn - and just wish we weren't so far apart on different coasts and could drink tea together again.

Off tonight, busy finalizing the packing, so must run!

Happy Christmas to you all.

Jeanie said...

I'll have to remember this in a few years! It's awfully cute but what I really love here is your old boat! The best!

La Tea Dah said...

Just precious! I love your banana sushi with fish on top. And the selection from the story is a delight.

I always love your ideas. They spring forth continually!

Danielle L Zecher said...

Your banana sushi is cute. I adore Rosamunde Pilcher. I'm re-reading Winter Solstice right now. I try to read it every year around this time. It makes me happy, and always makes me want to drink copious amounts of hot tea, which also makes me happy.

Bonnie Schulte said...

Rosamunde Pilcher is also one of my favorites. I have 15 of her books, don't know if she wrote more of them, but when I find them, usually at Good Will, I'll buy it. Think I'll have to re-read Winter Solstice, as it has been a while since I've read it. Just found your blog, and subscribed to daily postings. I find it delightful, and I love your new electric tea pot!!!!!