Monday, October 19, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 Home

From wikipedia:  A home, or domicile, is a living space used as a permanent or semi-permanent residence for an individual, family, household or several families in a tribe.

The earliest homes were in caves. 

In wikipedia they describe homes as a structure, but for me a home is so much more.

The garden house structure in my garden is where I most often find my "live-in gardener".  It is his refuge, a place to putter, a place to rest, and a place to read too.

                 Every time I see this hole in my tree I expect to see a critter living there.           Now wouldn't that make the best sort of home for a squirrel?
When I think "home" I think of a place of safety, a refuge, a place of comfort, a place that indicates a part of me and my personality.
 
How do you describe a home?
Happy Monday, dear friends!
 

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Home is one of the nicest words there is, and one of my favorite places to be. Your garden house is charming. So many peaceful things to do there. I am reminded of Maya Angelou's quote, and thought you would like it.

Home can heal.
There is healing in Home.

That's how I describe home, dear Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Home is where I'm safe and happy and where there are people (or creatures) I love. I so love seeing your garden house. What a haven.

Tracy said...

This was LOVELY, Marilyn! I, too, have often though of home as being a refuge, a place of comfort, a space for nourishment and recharging the batteries. As I get older, I also think of it as a place in the heart too, and cultivating and the good qualities of home/being home in my heart. Wonderful and interesting to think about! ((LOVE & HUGS))

Linda P said...

We're very blessed to have a home and garden and feel very sorry for those who do not have the benefits of warmth and shelter in these hard times.

Rosemary said...

Love the hole in that gnarly old tree! It is the perfect home for some critter! Love all your definitions of home - it is indeed a haven and a comforting space for family and friends! And a quiet spot for solitude in the evening.