Monday, April 19, 2021

Word for the Week

 

                             The photos were taken just moments ago in my garden just for you.

The lilacs are beginning to bloom, the plum tree will soon start growing little plums (yummm),

the grape hyacinths are coming to an end, soon the tulips will be finished, and then there will be roses.


No April Words

There are no words for saying

How wistful is the push

Of April through the budding 

Of a lilac bush.

There are no notes for making 

A little elfin air

Of new leaves on a willow;

No phrases to compare.

With tapering blue hyacinths;

The first white butterfly;

With plum trees misted sudden

Silver on the sky.....

One may only listen--

Hand at throat--to rapture

More lyrically lovely

Than any song may capture.

Ethel Romig Fuller, Kitchen Sonnets 

lilac buds
One red tulip among the grape hyacinths.
And cherry blossoms too!

Now if only the birds, squirrels, and raccoons would leave cherries for me!

This time of year just makes me smile as the earth comes alive and GROWS! Yes, the word for this week is grow. Everything in my garden speaks to me of GROW. Grow little ones, blossom for me, and delight my soul.

Have a great week, dear friends!
 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

These blooms are so pretty. We are due for a freeze and snow tonight and I will be covering things and hopefully part of my neighbor's trees (what we can reach). I don't like these April freezes and snows after things have bloomed! Oh, SO beautiful, Marilyn!

Lorrie said...

Spring is such a pretty time of year. You are a little bit ahead of us with your lilacs, and our muscari are almost finished, too. The apple blossoms are just forming and I look forward to all the changes as they come one by one in the garden.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you have a surprise Tulip too, Marilyn. How pretty the red flower looks amongst all those lilac buds. I love that photo. Grow is a good word for April. So many lovely things growing in your garden. Your plum tree sounds wonderful. I would love to pick a plum from it and savor the taste. One of my favorite fruits. I don't get them that often, cause they are kind of expensive at the stores. : )

~Sheri