Friday, September 10, 2021

Last Day to Celebrate Summer


 I could see that summer was soon to come to an end and there were still two things I wanted to do with my grandson. Have tea at my local tearoom, Lovejoy's, and take a walk at Whitaker Ponds to see if we could find wild life. I also need to be surrounded by trees as often as possible and felt like my family could use a bit of "forest bathing" too.
So the last day before school started we were off to tea and a small hike.
We ate on the patio because D isn't yet vaccinated. I hope school age kids can be vaccinated soon.
D wasn't sure he wanted to do tea time, but from the smile you can see he thoroughly enjoyed it.
He has vanilla rooibos in his cup and loved it.
My "live-in gardener" and myself ordered the more traditional tea sandwiches and scones.
I also had a sausage roll. My tea was a favorite there at Lovejoy's, a puerh with flavorings.
D wasn't sure he wanted the kid's tea either because it was called "Wee Tea".
He thought that was quite hilarious. We all had a laugh over the name.
The sandwich was nutella with fresh sliced strawberries. D said it was delicious.
This is the full afternoon tea for two, though I ordered al-carte to get just what I wanted.

Then for our sweet we each chose one yummy chocolate from a local chocolate company, Mission Chocolates.
Then off to Whitaker Pond for a lovely walk together. We did see plenty of ducks and a couple herons. There were signs of beaver, but none spotted. Sometimes we see turtles too, but not on this day.
I was thrilled to check off both things I wanted to do with D, even if it was the last day before school started. The next day he was off to meet his teacher, then this past Tuesday was the first day of school. He was so excited to be going to classes at the school and in-person. His mom, that you see in the first picture, said he didn't want to leave at the end of the day. He loves it so much and for that I am thankful.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Great tea time being enjoyed in the sunshine.
Glad D is happy to be back in the classroom - hoping all children have a better school year than the previous one!

Anonymous said...

Good morning dear Marilyn,

Your tea time looks so delicious and wonderfully cozy, I would have loved to have been there!

The name of the children's tea is really funny ;-)

I am now really looking forward to the golden autumn time and I can understand you very well - it is so good for the soul to go to the forest! I love it!

Have a wonderful weekend for you and your loved ones,

Ilona sends warm greetings from Germany

mamasmercantile said...

Such fun to enjoy such an enchanting afternoon tea with your handsome Grandson. The tea certainly looked yummy!

Jeanie said...

What a thoroughly delightful day! He is getting so big -- well, that makes him sound like he is four. So grown! I'm glad he had a wonderful time -- I know you did! But you're right --they should change the name of Wee Tea. It's cute till you think about it too much!

R's Rue said...

Looks delicious and so fun.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Red Rose Alley said...

What a splendid family gathering, Marilyn. Your grandson is cute with his long hair. I remember my son having long hair when he was around 2. The tea sandwiches and scones look Yummy. I love that photo of the tea cup and the piece of chocolate. Chocolate and tea or coffee is always a treat. The pond looks lovely and so peaceful. I hope your grandson has a good school year filled with learning and much joy. Have a pleasant week, Marilyn.

~Sheri