Monday, July 20, 2026

Flowers I Buy Myself


There is an old song sung by Neal Diamond and Barbara Streisand, You Don't Bring me Flowers. that I was thinking of recently as I purchased a bouquet at our farmer's market. Even when I visit Trader Joe's I most often buy myself flowers.  They are a self love gift to myself and I enjoy each and every one of them.


This past Sunday I had a teatime date with two nieces. For some reason I later found out about I showed up, but they didn't. I waited awhile and decided I would treat myself to teatime alone. Then I saw this pillow sitting in the tearoom and knew I could buy myself tea and I could bring myself flowers.

Miley Cyrus also sings about Flowers, I can buy myself Flowers.


 What a treat to sit quietly and enjoy the moment of sweet indulgence with a pot of tea, two savory tarts, sausage roll, and a pavlova with fresh berries.



We don't need permission to treat ourselves with love or to bring ourselves flowers.


At the farmer's market in town, there were flowers. Though I didn't buy the flower in these two pictures, I did buy the bouquet at the beginning of this post.


Then today I walked in Lan Su Chinese Garden and shared tea with two friends. As you see the lotus were blooming and the flowers just touched my heart.


Aren't the pink lanterns beautiful too?

Flowers touch my soul, make me smile. Even if I don't buy them all, they bring me JOY.



Do you buy yourself flowers?
Do they bring you JOY?

Sending love,
Marilyn

No comments: