Where to Begin?
I am not sure even where to begin to share this impromptu adventure. I returned home with a full heart on Wednesday night, but oh so exhausted. It was an adventure I always dreamt of taking, but didn't really believe I would ever do. Corey, from French la Vie blog, posted about 2 weeks before this tour that she had a cancellation and did anyone want to go to France? I said "I do" and before you knew it I was flying off on an unplanned adventure; even though, I just returned from Alaska.
So here I am back home and ready to share with you.
Four women joined together as the adventure began with Corey and Chelsea, Corey's daughter. We stayed in Corey's home and often she cooked for us. The next four pictures were taken of my bedroom for the week in her home. Isn't it amazing?
I flew into Marseilles, France and the next morning was picked up by Corey and Chelsea at my hotel.
After picking everyone up, we were off on a seven day adventure of beautiful sights and shopping. The boats greeted up as we drove through Marseilles.
We were greeted with something to drink and a cookie.
Though I didn't buy anything here, it was an adventure of the senses just to look.
They had quite a collection of French graphic novels and figurines that any child (or child at heart) would love.
We stopped to shop next at Annie's apartment. She is the one in the white dress in the background. OK, I did a little shopping here: a vintage nightgown, a rustic bowl, and a large chunk of soap. Yes, soap, olive oil soap that is good for cleaning about anything or just sitting on a dish in the bathroom. I love it.
Chelsea had made lunch for us; so we sat on Annie's patio and enjoyed.
More of the adventure will be shared on the following days.
Sending love,
Marilyn
















No comments:
Post a Comment