Monday, November 23, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Gratitude
 
from wikipedia:

Gratitude, thankfulness, or gratefulness, from the Latin word gratus ‘pleasing, thankful’,[1] is a feeling of appreciation felt by and/or similar positive response shown by the recipient of kindness,[2][3][4] gifts, help, favors, or other types of generosity,[5] towards the giver of such gifts.[6][7]

It went on to explain that it wasn't out of obligation and changed a persons thinking to have gratitude shown to them. A persons behavior changes when someone shows them gratitude.

Thinking on this as we begin the week up to Thanksgiving. Trying to change my attitude and make a turn to the positive when thinking of those things I am grateful for.

I am thankful to have food in my cupboard.

I am thankful to have friends I can reach out to when needed.

I am thankful to be able to walk in nature and enjoy my garden.

I am thankful for the sun, moon, and rain.

I am thankful for a good cup of tea each morning.

I am thankful for family around me.

I am thankful for you.

I am grateful for having a walk in nature last Friday with my grandson,
with masks on and keeping our distance. It was still a joy.
Happy Thanksgiving week, dear friends!
What are you grateful for?
 
 

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Marilyn, I was going to do a post just like this, but I didn't have time. I love this post very much. And gratitude is a perfect word for the Thanksgiving week. How sweet that you took a walk with your grandson. It's always special to share moments like this. I am thankful for you too, Marilyn. Happy Thanksgiving.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Gratitude is a wonderful word at any time of the year, and even more so just now. I am thankful for so many things, including blogging friends like you! Happy Thanksgiving, Marilyn!

Vivian Swift said...

I'm grateful that I can look forward to 2021. Let the Trump Shaming begin. Better days are ahead, with vaccines, kindness in the White House, and friendships that have weathered these terrible days.

And for candy corn. I love candy corn.

Jeanie said...

All you said and so much more! Big hugs!