Friday, October 29, 2021

Back Home Again

  

My "live-in gardener" and I returned home Wednesday afternoon.

What an adventure and dream come true adventure.

The #1 best thing about this 2 weeks away were the people. We had some wonderful chats along the way with strangers, including an elderly gentlemen, Dick, out in a park in Charleston, SC. 

What makes any travel so special is meeting people. 

We were given a DC tour and then had dinner with a dear friend, Daren, and his wife. We have known Daren since he was quite young, as he is the son of my "live-in gardeners" first professional boss and a dear friend in Kansas many years ago. We also walked in the National Botanical Gardens with Daren, thus began our garden visits.

 

We had lunch with a dear blogger friend, Mary and her husband in Raleigh, N.C. It is so special to see each other in person and walk in their garden. I had seen sights from Mary's porch over the years and to sit there with Mary in person was a huge treat. Thank you so much, Mary and Bob! I have followed Mary's beautiful blog for years. You can find Mary at https://abreathoffreshair-mary.blogspot.com/

Then it was off to Greensboro, N.C. where we visited with dear friends, the Daniels family. We were so busy visiting we forgot to take a picture. The time spent with them was precious.

 

Teatime with Denise was so special at Bay Street Meeting House.

 


In Charleston, S.C. tea time with a tea friend, Denise. Now you know I couldn't pass up teatime with a dear tea friend! Five years ago we had tea with Denise in London; so this was extra special to have a repeat visit in another part of the world. Each time we get together it is like renewing our connection with a long time friend.


Then our last visit was a first in person visit and again it didn't disappoint and so special with Angela. We kept saying tea friends never disappoint and are the best. We have followed each others blogs for many years; so our time over a good cup of tea and chicken salad sandwich was wonderful. Did I say I think chicken salad sandwiches are a thing in the south. It seemed to be on many lunch time menus and I loved them all. We met at Just add Honey in Atlanta, GA. In my cup was Georgia Peach tea. Of course I had to have that one when visiting Georgia. You can find Angela at http://teawithfriends.blogspot.com/

Well those were the people of the adventure and everyone just made the trip a delight.

#2 I had no idea we would be visiting so many gardens and we loved them all. I will share one or two glimpses today and more to come. I was constantly trying to capture butterflies in the gardens. The top picture in this post was my first capture in the garden at Mount Vernon.

Always on the lookout for fall flowers and pumpkins this display was found along a country road.

The Magnolia Plantation near Charleston, SC was full of camellias and I loved every one.

Fall colors were found!

My first time in DC I had to walk the monument mall.

#3 Finally it was the sights we had gone to see and a couple dream come true visits for me. I think my "live-in gardener" didn't know they could be dream come trues, but I believe he enjoyed them too. More on those to come.

For now I send greetings!

Happy Weekend, dear friends!


11 comments:

Rosemary said...

Welcome home, Marilyn! So glad you had an enjoyable and memorable visit East. Next time, I hope you plan a journey North!

Ginger said...

I’m so glad you had a great trip. It’s so nice when we can meet online friends in person.

Lorrie said...

Sounds like a really wonderful trip. Love seeing you and Mary on her porch. Meeting blogging friends is so much fun!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful trip you had, Marilyn. And especially seeing blog friends
in person. That's always so special because we form a strong relationship
with them over the internet. The camellias at the Magnolia Plantation are
so pretty. The chicken salad sandwiches and peach tea sound delicious. I'm
glad you had such a good time on your DC trip, Marilyn. You will always look
back and remember it fondly. Lovely pictures of you all around. : )

~Sheri

Mary said...

It was so great to see you and J once again. Sorry the rain decided to arrive just as we said goodbye - it stopped immediately after you left!!!
The remainder of your trip sounded lovely and I think you will have lots more to share here - especially want to know how you found the Biltmore House and Asheville.
Enjoying the Portland tea so much Marilyn - missing you.
Mary XX

Jeanie said...

This sounds just fabulous, Marilyn -- really exciting and loads of fun. Seeing long separated friends is even better. And I'll be the Live-in Gardener was very happy with all the gardens you visited! It sounds like there was plenty to enjoy for both of you!

Linda P said...

Your trip must have been a joy and extra special because you were able to spend it with friends in person and also see new places. Thank you for sharing your photos of this happy time.

Laura said...

You were in Greensboro?!? Oh i wish i'd known! I would have loved to meet you in person. I'm just down the road. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.
love and blessings
~*~

Adrienne said...

What an adventure you had! It was fun hearing about your trip. I knew you were on the road from your FB posts. We are planning a road trip early next year, heading to Missouri for our oldest grandson's wedding. On the way home we plan to meander our way home through several states. With plans to connect with several long-time blog friends and some friends who have moved from our area. Your photos are wonderful.
~Adrienne~

Laura Morrigan said...

What a wonderful sounding trip!

Davey Bacaron Designs said...

Love the pictures. What a happy trip!