Monday, October 11, 2021

Word for the Week

 adventure:
noun. 1An unusual and exciting or daring experience.

Wednesday my "live-in gardener" and I embark on what I am calling an adventure. I am not sure it is "unusual" or "daring", but it is somewhere new for us. So it is an adventure to the east coast of the US, places we haven't seen before and sipping tea with new friends and old.  With the pandemic still at hand I could say it is a bit "daring". We will travel with care, vaccinated and masked.

There may be new gardens to visit.

New tea times to enjoy! As the quote says above, just a cup of tea can be an adventure.
New chairs to sit in and chats to be had.
And a new sea to see.
For we will fly to the other side of our beautiful country, touching down at a new airport to us, and for a couple weeks exploring new terrain and vistas of autumns delights.
An adventure is coming and I will share when I return.
 
Have a delightful rest of October, dear friends!
Enjoy each adventure both large and small.
Take a risk now and then, dance, and laugh each day.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Soon on your way! Safe travel - stay in touch, and we look forward to seeing you very soon XX

P.S. Ordered sunshine for your visit!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, it's a bit worrisome traveling now, Marilyn. And I have been wondering if I should do the same thing flying for my granddaughter's birthday. I don't think it's a good time to travel right now, but everyone has to do
what's best for them. So, if I don't make it this time, Jess will visit this area in a month or so, and I'll see her then.

Be careful, dear friend, and have a wonderful adventure to the east coast. I hope you have a great time and bring back some goodies just for you, and also take some lovely photos to remember the trip by.

~Sheri

ps.....I love that chair and ottoman. ; )

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!! Stay safe and have tons of fun!!!
Susan

Jeanie said...

Be careful out there! It sounds just wonderful and I hope you have a fabulous time. I love the east coast!

Lorrie said...

I hope you are enjoying yourselves very much, and look forward to hearing about your adventures upon your return home.

Ellen D. said...

Safe travels!