Monday, June 6, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 

 

"Tea is naught but this;

First you heat the water,

Then you make the tea,

Then you drink it properly,

That is all you need to know."

~Rikyu 

 

Tea fields in the mountains of Alishan, Taiwan.


Blossoms are blooming and the kettle is on.

Savoring a good cup of tea this morning and remembering traveling to the tea fields of Taiwan a few years ago in springtime. Yesterday I attended a tea tasting and tasted ten different teas. The caffeine effect is still sitting with me today and there was very little sleep last night. Still gathered around the teapot with a couple friends is such a delight, occasionally it is worth losing a bit of sleep. Tonight I will sleep and dream of traveling again one day.

Happy new week, dear friends!


5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, that tea poem is delightful, and so true. Brewing tea is so easy to do, and it makes a better day for us when we get to enjoy it for a bit. I would love to see the tea fields in Taiwan. They look so lovely. Your tea posts are always a breath of fresh air, Marilyn. And I could sure use a cup of tea right now, as I just got home from a hectic road trip.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Properly made tea tastes so wonderful, and it's simple to do. How lovely to share time with fellow tea enthusiasts!

Linda P said...

Dear Marilyn. The days go by and somehow you haven't been showing up on my Reader Alerts so I've missed many of your blog posts. I'm catching up again and have found each one a joy to read. I particularly love your tours of beautiful gardens in your city, your poetry quotes and your tea time adventures. I do hope that you can go travelling again in the near future as travel so enlightens our minds.

Laura Morrigan said...

What a gorgeous flower! I am not good with caffeine, I am trying different types of herbal teas so I can have a range of tastes. I found the supermarket has dandelion tea!

Rosemary said...

Love the simplicity of the tea preparation. No need to overcomplicate things!