Friday, February 3, 2023

A Washington State Adventure

 January is birthday month for my "live-in gardener" and his sister. So we traveled to the peninsula of the northern part of Washington State for a visit and celebration. I made the small chocolate cake and a friend in my sister-in-law's life sent the party in the box.

There are many gorgeous mornings from the window of my sister-in-law's home. This is the first morning as I watched with my tea. On Wednesday I was sitting by this window for a zoom call with friends and four deer came meandering by the window. No picture, as my phone was occupied and camera was not in the room.

My camera hadn't had much snapping recently; so I took my camera along to play. We just drove and explored the area. Ajax is a very nice restaurant nearby, but it wasn't opened that day. It still was a fun stop with camera in hand to play a bit.



I loved, loved how the light shined into the restaurant window on this table just waiting for guests.

Then I had a request to stop at this road sign. Does anyone remember a very old movie by this name?


Another morning view from the window.

 


 Crossing the bridge to the peninsula. Snow on the mountains.

Lots of places to pause and watch the water and birds.

You may not be able to tell what's in the little row boat, but it was a man and his dog just enjoying an adventure on the water. The dog seemed very content and happy to be riding along.

I have always loved this little cove with boats and little cottages all in a row.
There is a boat building school right out of camera shot.

It was very good to get away for a few days and just play with my camera and celebrate birthdays.
Do you make time to play a bit and put responsibilities aside for a few days. It is good for the soul.
 
Happy Weekend, dear friends! 
Now go out and play.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, it looks like such a wonderful getaway -- so many lovely sights and you had a chance to really stop and play! I love it that your gardener loves to do these things too. The cake and party in a box are wonderful and that view from your SIL is to die for! Happy Birthday!

Lorrie said...

What a lovely getaway, Marilyn. The views are serene and peaceful, and captured beautifully with your camera. Belated Happy Birthday to your live-in gardener.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Linda P said...

A celebratory trip away is something to enjoy especially when you stay with loved ones. The view from the window of the water and the ambience of the place must have been delightful. I'm glad that you had a lovely time.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely visit to Washington. I've always wanted to visit Seattle, and my brother-in-law lives there. The views from your sister-in-laws home are really pretty. The four deer you saw was a pleasant surprise. The chocolate cake looks so Yummy. So glad you got to spend some time with family, and Happy Birthday to your husband, Marilyn. Your photos are often peaceful and delightful.

~Sheri