Monday, February 6, 2023

Word Magic

 Apricity: the warmth of the sun during winter.

This is a new word for me and I love it.

I shared this picture in my last post, but it just speaks to me of the sun in winter and the warmth of sitting at this sweet little table with someone special.
 
Tell me how the warmth of the sun affects you in winter.
Does it make you smile, as it makes me smile?
 
And the sun warms the earth, holds it under it's spell.
Apricity surrounds us at this time of year.
And on a clear day I feel like I can see forever,
dance in the light
and
sing with the birds.
 
Happy new week, dear friends!

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I've never heard of this word, but I do like it. That little table is charming, isn't it? Yes, I love the sunlight coming through in the cold Winter months, and we have a few days when the sun shines, and then it turns cloudy and rains and snows. But it's all part of the season. I enjoy your "word magic" posts, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Apricity is a beautiful word that isn't used very much. I feel so much more energized by brighter days in winter, and first feeling the sun's warmth after a cold winter is a moment to treasure.

Linda P said...

I like the word as it conveys the idea of sunshine giving warmth. I'm thankful for any sunshine at all during Winter. I stand in the garden and feel that warmth on my face or back and rejoice that Spring is on the way. Sometimes there are pools of light shining through the window onto an object indoors as happened in your photo you share. The gift of sunshine on cold Winter days is precious.

Jeanie said...

I've never heard that word -- and I think it is now my new favorite! It has a perfect ring to it!