Friday, October 18, 2024

NW Tea Festival

 The purpose of the recent trip north into Washington State was 2 fold, to visit sister-in-law and to attend the NW Tea Festival in Seattle.

Early the day of the festival we hopped on the ferry to cross from Bainbridge Island to Seattle.

And then a short car drive to the Seattle Center, we arrived.

They were ready to taste tea.

Greeting tea friends is always a joy for me. Above is Thomas Shu. He sells oolong teas from Taiwan. He always has a smile on his face and a song in his heart. I have known Thomas for over 20 years and it was fun to see him at the festival this year.

Then below was Bardo Tea, a new teashop right in my neighborhood. Veronica and Ravi are doing a great job and sourcing amazing teas.

Just pretty sights throughout the festival.

Jonathon Steele was showing his tea ceramics, which are gorgeous. This year he was also selling a lovely white peony tea, which I came home with. He is now in Japan for a three month internship.

I love to taste at many of the booths, but only came home with two new teas. Beside the white peony, I came home with an oolong tea from New Zealand (Zealong Tea), via Chicago Teahouse. 

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this hat. Isn't it fun?

A Japanese tea ceremony demonstration took place here.

There were plenty of opportunities to taste tea and listen to speakers.


The Empty Tea Cup seems to show up at all the festivals in the Northwest. He doesn't have a business, but just enjoys sitting and serving tea to passers by. It is rare to find an empty seat at his table.

I just had to have my picture taken with the NW Tea Festival teapot this year. Such a wonderful sign of teatime held there.

And the Seattle space needle is nearby; so just couldn't miss an opportunity to snap a picture.

Have you ever attended a festival celebrating tea? Even if you are not a huge tea fan, it is fun to sip. It is amazing how many different tea flavors there are and I am always surprised.
 
For me, beside tasting good tea, it is about connecting with friends.
 
Have a tearrific weekend, dear friends!
Sending love,
Marilyn

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

I have never attended a tea festival, but for someone like you who is a tea connoisseur, it would be something very special. I like the idea of the gentleman who comes and serves tea just because.