Thursday, October 17, 2024

Two Stories

 

Today I want to step away from sharing travel pictures. I want to share two stories that happened to me just yesterday. Yesterday was my shopping day. I ventured to the market to buy groceries. Now I have shopped at this market for 50 years. It has always been just a normal shopping experience. Yesterday was no exception until I got to check out. The kind woman at the register asked me if I had some digital coupons and I replied I did not, mainly because I don't like having to scroll through my phone to find them. She said, "I can take care of that" and she gave me the discounts for the things that qualified. Then she went on to give me some other discounts, which added up to about $60 savings. I thanked her. She said "we are here to take care of you". I told her the no one in the store had ever said that before to me. She reassured me that was her role to be there to take care of her customers. That really touched my heart. You see I had been thinking, as a strong woman no one takes care of me. I take care of those around me, but in return don't feel taken care of. I can only think of one or two friends that take care of me. One of you reads this post, thank you for your care.


The second story took place on the way home from the market. My hair dresser comes to my house to cut my hair about every 5 weeks and she doesn't sell hair products. I needed a new hair spray and my hair dresser said just stop by a salon and buy hair spray there. So on the way home yesterday I stopped by a salon near my house. When I walked in to this very simple salon I realized I was the only white woman. I think they were surprised to see me come in as much as I was surprised to be there. They didn't sell hair products; so I turned to leave. The woman in the chair said "Mam" and I turned to see what she wanted. She had noticed the little sticker on my purse that said "Vote Blue" and asked me about my sticker. We had the most amazing conversation. All the women in the salon agreed they were voting Blue and were thrilled I was too. We agreed we needed to encourage the men in our lives to also vote Blue. I thanked them for the conversation and turned to go. Again I heard "Mam". When I turned again the hair dresser handed me the hair spray half used and gave it to me.

Tears in my eyes for these women with kindness in their hearts.

I definitely felt cared for. Something we need to remember to do each day. Touches of kindness and caring are so necessary. We must care for each other each and every day and take notice. What touches of care have you received this week?

Sending love,

Marilyn

No comments: