Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tea Time Outdoors

I found this photo at an antique show not to long ago. It just gives me a smile as I see the silver teapot, table set with china and fine linens, and the children peeking out of the door of the little house. I can only imagine that this family has traveled across the country with their family treasures and is beginning life in the west. Teapots and china were often treasures families traveled with as they moved. What treasures would you take if you had to move by covered wagon?

**************
Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time
the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Annie Jeffries said...

What would make it into my covered wagon? My mother's china, the Bible my father brought us from Japan 60 years ago, my camera, and extra batteries, notebooks, and books.