Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tea in Aspen

Arriving early this morning in Aspen, the carriage picks me up at the airport
and we travel just outside Aspen in the country to a beautiful lodge made out of logs.
The lodge looks out on a lake with the Rockie Mountains in view.
I really don't want to leave to go for tea, but decide to enjoy a casual tea in the lodge.
Still wearing my jeans with a red sweater and snugly boots I stroll through the lodge
to find tea.
The lodge is decorated in a festive celebration of color.
Red jumps out to greet me throughout the holidays.
The lights on the trees just twinkle.

Tea is waiting surrounded by the beauty of my surroundings here at the lodge.
I am wrapped in love like a big woolly blanket.
The snow is beginning to fall.
In my cup is a lovely Christmas White Tea.
Cookies are the perfect accompaniment to tea
and the lodge knew that including Cherry Wink Cookies
would be the perfect touch. They were the cookie my
mother use to make that were my favorites.
At peace, sitting by the fire, watching the snow fall outside the window, and sipping a perfect cup of tea is my dream for each of you this holiday season.
Dream of tea in Aspen, but enjoy quiet moments no matter
if you are in your jeans, a robe, or a beautiful dress with sparkles.

Visit Mr. Toast's First Annual Christmas Tea for more fun
holiday tea events.