Thursday, October 27, 2011

Evening tea in the Garden House




The garden house welcomed me in.
It invited me to have tea as the sun began to set.
As I have walked many times past this
sweet garden house it has beckoned me in.
Before the weather turned cold I had to sit
outdoors for tea once more.
The air had a sense of crispness,
but it welcomed me there in the candle light.
A lovely Yunnan Gold was sipped,
stories were shared, and there was peace in my heart.

Do you find places you would like to just sit and
watch the sun go down?
It is always special when shared with a friend
and a delightful cup of tea.

If you missed the walk in this garden,
please step back a day and you can enjoy my neighbors garden.
Thanks so much to my neighbor that so willingly let me step inside her gate
and spend some time here.
This is one of those opening the door experiences and
I am so glad I asked.

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a beautiful place to share tea and stories. I'd love to have a little garden house but my sweet, little vintage trailer is parked in the corner of my back yard - that's going to be my tea spot when I feel the call!
~Adrienne~

Steph said...

Oh, Marilyn - this is SUCH a special place. It's lovely.

Jeanie said...

So, so lovely, Marilyn! I can just see you there and it's divine!

Laurie said...

I see alot of repins on Pinterest with these shots Marilyn! Your garden house is just beautiful.
I sit in our side yard on the swing my parents used to sit on to watch the sunset, as it faces west. Tea, memories, and nature's display. That's what I call the perfect end to the day.

koralee said...

Enjoy while you can...wish I was there with you...so charming. xoxox

Unknown said...

I did go back and look and yes, a beautiful place to sit and have tea. Peaceful.

Trixie and Dustin of TheTeaDrinker.com said...

I, too, am very glad that you asked -- a boldly beautiful adventure.
xo, Trix

Tracy said...

Your Garden House is the sweetest place to pause, take tea and notice the "little things," Marilyn. I've long wanted such a play house. But that may be a long time coming yet, and we've certainly not enough space on our current property. So often I come across places where I wish time could stop just for a moment so I could really be there, watch the sky change, list to what birds are singing in the air... I savor such moments & places when I can. Such a delight this visit--thank you! Happy Weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

Annie Jeffries said...

You greenhouse is soooo romantic, Marilyn. I never tire of seeing it.

Angela McRae said...

I am so glad you asked too! Next time you see her, please tell her THANK YOU from your readers!