Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Jacksonville - A Historic Town

 
Last week my adventure took me to Southern Oregon and the historic town of Jacksonville.
I had visited here before, but had not had the time to just wander with my camera.
What a delight it was to wander.
It so happened that it was the beginning of the village wide garage sale, so
in my wandering I enjoyed stopping by a few sales too.
Now I always say there isn't much I need, my house is full;
but I did bring one small find home with me and will share another day.
The best part of the adventure was just wandering and taking pictures.
Do you like to wander and take pictures or just create pictures in your mind?
Either way is pure DELIGHT.



During the summer months Jacksonville has a wonderful concert series in their
open air pavilion.   If you ever find yourself traveling through Southern Oregon,
for sure check out the Britt Festival schedule.  http://www.brittfest.org/

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

The camera is permanently attached to my arm. Except when I drop it on its head, which is never a good thing! This looks like a wonderful town and I can't wait to hear more about your find. What a nice day to happen in!

Shane Pollard said...

Jacksonville looks amazing and I wish I could hop in the car this weekend - but I would have to cross the Pacific ocean first!!!

Marilyn, I'm like you I love wandering and taking photos - since I became a blogger I look at the world quite differently!
When I'm on walks with friends I'm always lagging behind because I just can't resist taking just one more photo!!

I'll get the recipe to you after the weekend!
hugs
Shane

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Oh Marilyn, you weren't very far from my home!

Jacksonville is such a charming place and you compiled a beautiful montage capturing many of the highlights.

You've piqued my curiosity, I wonder what goodie you found.

Yes, I take my camera everywhere, on those occasions when I forget the cell phone camera is an adequate stand-in.

Mary said...

What a charming place...........and to hit it when the
big yard sale was underway was definitely fortuitous! Can't wait to see what little treasure you tucked in your bag to bring home!

Mary X

Adrienne said...

After many years of not going to Jacksonville, I was there twice over the past year! I love the buildings and the history and, yes, I always have a camera with me. I'm ready to go back. I'd love to be there when they have their garage sale day.
~Adrienne~

Linda P said...

I like the old-fashioned look of Jacksonville with the shop shutters, balconies, clapperboard or brick fronts and bell tower on the church. Even the little entrance to City Hall looks welcoming. I'm always looking at architecture as I walk and wonder about the lives of the people who have lived in a certain place. It's always nice to
buy something to remind you of the visit.

Bernideen said...

My imagination runs wild in these charming little vintage streets! It looks so peaceful...

La Tea Dah said...

What a sweet little town! Visiting such places = fun! Much more interesting than an amusement park!

paris parfait said...

So lovely! Thanks for sharing these glimpses of Jacksonville. Looks like a charming place.