Friday, October 16, 2015

Columbia, CA. and a Winner



 Taking photos through the window sometimes creates delightful images.
 Do you see hints of teacups?
Love old buildings!

Dressed for the era when Columbia was a thriving community.
When my children were young I visited Columbia, CA.
Since then I have had several opportunities to return and
always with delight.
I just love strolling through this village.
All the old buildings sing to my heart.
A ride in the stage coach was new to me
and I loved riding through the nearby country side.
Are there places that sing to your heart when you visit?
Please share in the comments, I would love to visit there I am sure.

Oh yes, I said there would be a winner, didn't I?
The winner of my drawing is:  Judith at Lavender Cottage.
Judith, please send me your address and your package will be in the mail.

Happy weekend, dear friends.
You are all winners in life and may you receive the gifts
of delight wherever you go.

7 comments:

Bernideen said...

So happy for Judith - she's a peach!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'm glad you mentioned about the teacups because I was wondering what I was looking at on the wall. Actually pretty neat to get the reflection.
My favourite place to visit from the past is Pioneer Village near Toronto and when I look at the life the women had back then, I'm thankful I live in a modern age of conveniences.
I'm excited to be the winner of your draw, thank you for having one, and pulling my name.

Rosemary said...

Congrats to Judith!

Lorrie said...

Congratulations to Judith! A journey by train can be so much fun. Lots to see looking out the window. The teacup reflections are great.

Steph said...

That photo through the window!!!! Love it!

Relyn Lawson said...

If you ever get to the Ozarks, you'd love Silver Dollar City. It's an Ozark version of Columbia.

Jeanie said...

This looks awfully fun, Marilyn! I love spots like this -- like walking into history!