Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Touch of Warmth

A touch of warmth
"We brewed black tea in an old tin kettle over the fire
and settled there, letting our gaze fall on the lake as we sipped,
the steam from our drinks freezing into puffs of icy mist."

From the book, The Return of the Witch by Paula Brackston

I can imagine this scene.
Sublime, yes!
Cold, definitely!
But something draws me in
with my hands wrapped around warm cups of tea
and a view that most undoubtedly was beautiful.
Can you picture sitting by a bonfire on a cold night
sipping tea and warming your hands around a cup?
I really wanted to do it, but just didn't make it happen.
I am hoping soon to do it and will share when that happens.
Instead I am sitting this morning with my tea,
sipping and enjoying the Christmas decorations in my dining room.


 Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I would much rather sip on a hot cup of tea and gaze at Christmas decorations than at the lake. Your decorations are delightful, and I love that little teddy bear and doll corner. I made a small corner for Francesca, even though she is only a month old. : ) Your tea posts warm my heart, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi!Love your tea trolley,so pretty!Love your cute bears and the beautiful teapots too!Merry Christmas,Marilyn!Hugs!

Jeanie said...

I love the decoratons you are sharing, Marilyn. They're so lovely and so Christmassy. Yes, perfect with a cuppa tea!

Tracy said...

Oooo... a good cup of strong tea huddled around a fire, outdoors...YES, please!! :) You have a pretty good view there though, Marilyn... and much warmer too! We've had some more snow, so I've not been venturing out as much, as it's been very, very cold too. Fireside tea here, but indoors! ;) Happy Holly Days ((HUGS))