Friday, December 15, 2017

It's Beginning to Look like Christmas

“Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we we’re children once again.”
~Bill Morgan, Jr.
A child at heart, the vintage tricycle sits high on top of
a cupboard in my living room.
This dark Santa is a vintage mold for paper Santa's long ago.
The little village is residing on the mantel
with twinkle, shiny stuff hanging above.
How I love shiny stuff at Christmas.
A few bottle brush trees sit in the village.
I do love them so.  I think I need to add more trees to the village.
Two vintage flower pots hold little lemon cyprus trees,
which will go outside in the Spring.
The live tree sits on the table now
enjoying the birds and the view through the window.
The sled holds packages for dear ones.

Santas have been collected for many years sit above the books.
As the daylight dims the twinkles and shiny lights delight my heart.
I will be back to blog next week,
but just wanted to share of bit of Christmas joy.
Merry Christmas to one and all!
Happy weekend, dear friends.

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, your tree is so pretty. I'm noticing all the turquoise ornaments on there. I also have a bit of turquoise on my tree. Is that a tree stand or a table? - it looks so cool. And your village on the mantel is delightful. I've always wanted a Christmas village....maybe someday. Your home is all decked out for Christmas, and everything looks magical. : )

~Sheri

Adrienne said...

Your home is so festive - and cozy and inviting! I remember a Christmas season when I visited for tea. I loved your tree by the window and have always thought I would love a home with a living room and window like yours! Wishing you a very merry Christmas, dear friend.
~Adrienne~

robinsnestblog.com said...

So warm and cozy. I am a bottle tree fan also. Is the spinning wheel a family piece? The tree is beautiful and the bird viewing must be so much fun! Happy Christmas! I love that you,share with us! Thank you.

Linda P said...

Thank you for sharing your sitting room so lovingly decorated for the season. The tree looks beautiful, the model village on the mantel is charming, your Santas that you've collected over the years and the vintage tricycle are delightful. Enjoy this special time.

Jeanie said...

I love everything about this! The Santas, the trees, the garland, your pretty swag. It's so warm and feels like home. I've never had a village -- I love yours. Yes, we're all children at Christmas!