Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday's Tea Quote


The Prayer in a Teacup

I stand at my window and watch
One by one the stars all leave me
I am having tea with the dawn
The first ray of sun descending
     Into my teacup
     Into my heart
The steam of my tea ascending
     To the heavens
     Into God’s heart
The yearning in my heart streaming
     To the heavens
     Into God’s heart
And God, standing in the heavens
     Watching the sun rise in my heart
     Leans down to breathe in
     The first rays of my yearning
     And names it morning prayer.
                          ~Macrina Wiederkehr OSB,
                            
Seasons of Your Heart (c).

Often when I sip my morning tea, I pray!
It is my time of quietness before the day has started.
Do you find time to be quiet during these busy times of December?
Savor the early morning hour with tea and a prayer.

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That is so special that you often pray while sipping on your tea. I do the same in the early mornings, as it is my favorite time of day. But instead of tea, I have my morning coffee. What a lovely tea cup and saucer, and those gingerbread cookies look delightful. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Today all I wanted was quiet. I think I might have found it.

Lorrie said...

What a lovely prayer for the morning. Yes, I'm often praying as I sip my morning tea while gazing out the window. But not on days when I'm heading out the door to work. Starting a day with quietness is very important.

Adrienne said...

I'm catching up after the busy holidays again. I wonder if I'll ever get to a place where I can stay caught up, but it's always wonderful to stop by and see what you have shared. This is beautiful. I have a quiet time of Bible reading and prayer early every morning. I have not included tea as often as I want to and that's one of my 'goals' for the new year - tea and quiet time together every morning. What a great way to start the day.
~Adrienne~