Tuesday, December 18, 2018

We had a Plan!

 My one and only grand child and I made a plan to celebrate Christmas.
Oh what fun we had.
The Portland Speedway has a light show so Saturday night we headed there.
We didn't know we would have to wait 2 hours to get in.
What a line!
 Finally we arrived!
What fun we had singing in the car.
A partridge and a pear tree were sung with gusto!
 A little know fact about me is that I never can remember
the words to songs; so I like to make them up.
Well by the end of singing this crazy song we were in full laughter.
 As we exited the light show we were definitely in the Christmas spirit.
 We hurried home and headed for bedtime with a story to read along the way to sleepy time.
Sunday morning and it was time to make the gingerbread house.
I cheated a bit this year and bought a kit at Costco.
It was definitely worth it.
I will say the icing was a bit drippy, but what counted was that
we had fun!
Here is the final product.
I know it was messy, but again it was all about
having fun and creating with laughter.
 The best things about the holiday spirit are JOY and LAUGHTER.
I am so thrilled to have this one little guy in my life.
He brings JOY to my heart all year long,
but with Christmas my heart just expands more and more.

I hope you are finding time to play this holiday season!
Make a plan to play!

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a grand light display! How special that you went to the light show with your grandson, Marilyn. And you got to make a gingerbread house together! That is something you will always remember. I love that picture of him next to it. What fun you had spending time together.

Merry Christmas.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Your grandson is growing up so quickly! Just like mine! What fun times you had together. Laughing with a young person makes me feel younger, too!

marysuze said...

I have but two grandchildren and they are already sixteen and eighteen! I treasure the times when they were younger and we did kid things together. But 16 year old did come to help us decorate our tree this year. And yes, we did enjoy a spot of tea celebrated in Christmas mugs we keep out all year. They are always cheery. Thanks, Marilyn. Sue

Jeanie said...

This is SO MUCH FUN! You are lucky to have him close and I love the ginger house! It's perfection!

Adrienne said...

I love the way the gingerbread house turned out. What's important is the fun you two had together. Making memories for both of you is so important. Since two of our grandkids are grown and away from home the memories are often what binds us together. I loved seeing the lights and I would love to have been part of the silly laughter with making up words for the music.
~Adrienne~