Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Dance in the Moonlight

When I saw the lights twinkling in the trees
I wanted to find the fairies
I wanted to dance
I wanted to swoon under a full moon
I wanted to have a feast at the table
I wanted to step lightly
I wanted to sing
But most of all I wanted to join you by the fire,
share stories of delight,
and just savor each moment of the evening.
Can you imagine what you would want to do?
Would you sit by the fire, sip on a glass of wine or something warm,
wrap in a cozy blanket or dance under the moon?

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is so charming and magical. I'd want to do that too!

mamasmercantile said...

What a beautiful place to be, dancing under the moon sounds fun.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So dreamy! What a wonderful setting!

Red Rose Alley said...

This post reminds me of the song "Dancin' in the Moonlight," one of my favorite songs. All the twinkling lights, the full moon, the fire, the atmosphere.....I can see why you wanted to dance in the moonlight, Marilyn. : )

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oooops, I think the song is "Dancing in the Moonlight." : )

Tracy said...

Oooo... this is such fun, Marilyn! Am I late to the party?! The title made me too of the old song from the 70's by King Harvest, Dancing in the Moonlight.. haha... Great minds! ;) I put the song on YouTube to listen to while reading/looking at this... nice addition to the party here! :))) Such magical, fun photos, and love your words--inviting us to sing and dance along with you. A glass of wine first, and then let's dance! ((HUGS))