Monday, February 18, 2019

Garden Quotes 2019




"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly.
"One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
~Hans Christian Andersen
from Time Began in a Garden by Emilie Barnes 

Awaiting the sunshine, freedom to roam, and 
many flowers in the garden and all around me.
It is coming, I just know it is! 

Pictures taken one year ago.
This year the daffodils are slow to open.

On a side note:
On Friday I wrote about Walking on the Wild Side.
After writing that post I realized what inspired me to write it
and wanted to share.
I had just watched a movie on Netflix called Dare to be Wild.
It is the true story of Mary Reynolds, a young garden
designer in Ireland. It had really inspired me.
If you have Netflix I can highly recommend watching this movie.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, I've had that "butterfly" quote written down in a journal for a long time. It's one of my favorites. The movie you mentioned sounds like a good one.

Enjoy your week, Marilyn. I know you will. You see goodness and wonder wherever you go. : )

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

Like the sound of the film. Beautiful quote.

Linda P said...

Beautiful pink hellebores. You must be looking forward to more Spring flowers blooming. Yesterday I went back to a local garden centre and bought a white hellebore, a pot of miniature daffodils and a pot of yellow crocuses. I have them indoors at the moment and I'm enjoying them as the buds open. People who do extraordinary things are inspiring. One lady at our book group is going to do a free fall parachute jump in April for charity. She's 86 years old. I hope your week is going well Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

I have netflix. I'll have to look for that one. These garden posts are so welcoming on these snowy days!

Mary said...

I would love to watch that movie but don't see it on Netflix DVD's which we get by mail - must just be available on streaming! Watched the trailer and loved seeing Tom Hughes is in it -- he's so fabulous as Prince Albert on 'Victoria'.

Soon will be gardening days - does Jim have anymore work ahead on the greenhouse, or is it completed? I love that building so much.