Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Chocolate Medallions!

Not long ago it was time for tea,
but a little sweet must do.
Remembering chocolate medallions from France
and having all the ingredients,
chocolate medallions were made.
Violets from the garden were covered in sugar
then dried fruit and nuts were added
to circles of chocolate melted in the microwave.
With some time to dry in the fridge,
it was time for tea.
A recipe of a simple chocolate delight,
just perfect for your next tea time.

A Yunnan Gold black was steeped in the pot.
Cups were set.
Ahh the delightfulness of tea time with a bit of sweet.
At 3PM we broke for tea,
it delighted my soul.
So come for tea at three
and I will set a sweet of chocolate just for you.

Which teapot should we use?
Spread the table with delight and celebrate each day!

8 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my, you made these chocolate medallions? They look wonderful. Those would go nicely with a cup of tea. Your cupboard with the tea pots is so charming, Marilyn. I think I would use the blue and white. There's just something about blue for me. : )

Have a lovely week.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, your medallions are gorgeous. Indeed, they'd be perfect for tea! I love the cupboard but boy, I really love those medalions!

Linda P said...

Your handmade chocolates with the fruit and nuts and sugared violets on top look beautiful and must have been a delicious with your tea-sipping occasion. The teapots are all wonderful. I particularly like the chintz rose-patterned one. It looks like a vintage Shelley English china teapot.

Joy B said...

Those chocolate medallions look delicious. But I think I'd have to come for tea several days in a row so we could use each of those pretty teapots. I can't pick just one!

mamasmercantile said...

They looks delicious and those charming teapots, what a delightful tea.

Annie said...

Such a lovely collection.

Tracy said...

There are sooo pretty, and so delightful, Marilyn... and dangerously good! ;) Fun to see you've been making sweet treats with health bits in them too! Fun to see your teapot collection... lovely photo! Happy nibbling and sipping... ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

So lovely!