Thursday, November 21, 2019

Heritage Tea - Assam



Handmade Black Tea, November 2018 harvest

First sip seems like a basic, good black tea, then comes remembrances of my grandfathers pipe smoke. It was not really smokey just something in my remembrance. Not even cherry like my grandfather’s tobacco, but the fragrance of walks with him in the orchard, the humus of the spongy ground and an after taste of citrus at the back of the throat. Thinking the citrus was touched with a hint of wildness, a honey like flavor. It think it is very pretty for tea too.

This tea was a treat from the Heritage Tea Company in Assam, India.
Thanks Rajen and June Barauh!
This was a surprise, handed to me this summer at TeaFestPDX by Elyse Petersen of Tealet.
Hoping we get a chance to meet next year when I fly off to India.

6 comments:

Sandi said...

You inspired a Christmas gift. Good tea! :)

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, the way you describe tea is pure poetry. Tea is my favorite beverage of all time, and I love to see it treated so beautifully as you do.

Red Rose Alley said...

Handmade black tea, oh, I would like to try that. You are taking a trip to India next year? What a wonderful adventure, Marilyn. That's nice that you have fond memories of your grandfather's pipe. : )

~Sheri

Angela McRae said...

And how special that it was packaged just for you!

Jeanie said...

I love the description and all that it reminded you of. What a wonderful gift and oh, how personal. The memories are just beautiful.

Tracy said...


INDIA... WOW... you're going to India! What a great adventure that will be!! I can't wait for you to go! So interesting to hear you talk tea... Taste can hold so much memory. ((HUGS))