Sunday, November 17, 2019

Vacation - Let it Be



This morning as I sat sipping my tea I noticed the flowers on my table.
The flowers needed to be freshened up for sure.
The water was no longer fragrant and the leaves were brittle.
The flowers could be trimmed and put in a new vase.
That was added to my list of little things around the house that needed done this morning.
Yes, a simple thing you might say; but some days it is this list of simple things
that can overwhelm me.

Sitting there thinking on my list and feeling a bit overwhelmed
I thought about a vacation. If I were sitting and sipping tea in a restaurant and
noticed the flowers I wouldn't be adding it to my list to freshen.
Such a simple thing, but one someone else would be doing.

It is those simple things that make a vacation and special treat.
We can clear our mind and let it be.

Hope you are having a terrific weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I know what you mean about the small chores can sometimes be overwhelming, especially if we don't have the right mindset that day. But I have to say that the wilting flowers on your table makes a pretty picture.

Let It Be........how I love those words. Thank you, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

It seems like my whole life is filled with small chores. I did the flower/water/dead bloom thing yesterday and still have two more vases to do. You're right -- if they were on a restaurant table they would be someone else's problem! At this time of year I start to feel completely overwhelmed. I just have to remember, no one else cares about it but me!

Angela McRae said...

"Simple things that can overwhelm." I think there's a whole sermon in that one poetic thought!