Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Baking for the Holiday

Looking at my plates I see there always must be a touch of citrus 
in my Christmas baking.

Mince tarts with a bit of orange peel.
A clementine or two.
Cherry winks with grated lemon peel, my favorite.

A favorite book to read with my morning snack.
And always a cup of tea by my side.

More tea resides among the poinsettias!
A mandarin too!
Date pinwheels are always on the list.
New this year is a mint with chocolate ganache cookie
and a little Dundee cake with dried cherries.
A recipe from Tasha Tudors cookbook from long ago.
Yet to bake on Christmas morning is stollen with candied cherries inside.

You might think this is a lot or maybe you don't.
I love to bake at Christmas time
and then take a break with a good cup of tea and a nibble.
Do you bake at Christmas?
What is your favorite?

4 comments:

Thelma said...

I love baking at Christmas time also. I made fruit cakes for the first time this year.
One of my fond memories of my childhood is the delicious smell in the house of my Mom's baking and cooking. Have a great week.

Sandi said...

Looks wonderful!

I bake lotsa cookies too. :)

Jeanie said...

Those look wonderful! I'm hoping to do my Christmas baking this weekend. Love it -- and have several must-have faves to do each year! This -- wow!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, mince tarts, how Yummy. I've been craving mince pies, Marilyn. I got some Marzipan cake at Trader Joes the other day, and it was so good. Do you like Marzipan? I think one either loves it or doesn't. Your mint chocolate cookie looks Yummy too, Marilyn. How wonderful that you are baking this season. : )

~Sheri