Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas Day

Christmas morning buffet to nibble the morning away.
Family with grandson arrived for gifts, nibbles, sipping, and hugs.
Then off for a drive along the Columbia River for our Christmas meal.
As Jeanie from The Marmalade Gypsy blog says, these are my "drive by shootings".
I just couldn't resist snapping some pictures on our drive.
Yes, there were even some waterfalls,
but this one is the grandfather of all waterfalls along the highway,
Multnomah Falls.
The clouds were so low they touched the earth in beauty,
but very few sprinkles.
Across the Bridge of the Gods.
And we arrived at Christmas at Skamania Lodge.
Now we went to the lodge last year for Christmas dinner
and the family enjoyed it so much we decided to return again this year.
Not sure, but this may become a new tradition for us.
I guess as life changes, new traditions come along.
I am not showing our meal, but it is buffet style and quite delicious.
After the meal there was time for some walking outdoors,
some playing too.
Another family had their new puppy
and my D loved playing with it.
Uncle to nephew chat I presume.
The river is so gorgeous from here.

D and his parents taking their dog for a walk.
It was amazing how many families included their dogs in the day.
When I first started snapping pictures I said my goal was to take
pictures of Adirondack chairs by water;
so how could I resist this shot.
Family sharing the day and sitting by the fire is the very best thing to do.
There were many families enjoying the day, the beauty, and the peacefulness of 
Christmas at the lodge along the river.
And as we headed home after a very special day the sky joined in the celebration.
Once more before we leave this season,
Merry Christmas to you all.

Have a terrific weekend, dear friends!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a wonderful day! We have new traditions beginning as our family grows and changes. Your photos made me feel as if I was there with you. ~Adrienne~

Lorrie said...

It looks like a wonderful relaxing day.

Jeanie said...

That looks like the perfect Christmas. The breakfast buffet and snacking area is a brilliant idea! And I love that you went to this fabulous lodge for dinner. What a venue and how nice you could walk. The views on the way and there are terrific. I can't think of a nicer way to spend the holiday! Onward, to 2019!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful family time together. Your Christmas was so lovely spent at the Lodge. : )

~Sheri

Tracy said...

What a special Christmas you had, Marilyn! LOVE all the photos! And I really like your idea of the Christmas meal out/away. There is NO such thing here, as most all restaurants are closed Christmas--some closed even for a day or two (the odd Chinese restaurant might open...but not much really). I would like a more simplified Christmas. Husband's family are VERY fixed in celebrating, and suggestions/changes to tradition don't go down well. My own family are flexible, thankfully... ;) I hope Christmas at the Lodge may be a nice new tradition for you all! ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Such a lovely family celebration of love. Merry Christmas, Marilyn !