Thursday, September 17, 2020

Let's Chat over a cup of Tea

       Let's chat and have a cup of tea.  Sit awhile in this comfy chair. Embrace the stillness. Breathe!        

What tea would you like? This one is a Darjeeling from 2019 and quite light and delightful.
                                 On the side I have a rhubarb tea bread, would you like a slice?

                                             

Have you thought how life changes from birth to death, from a lost tooth to grey hair?
Life is certainly an adventure in change, sadness at times, and hopefully great JOY too.
I have thought a lot lately about just how we face these changes, how do we travel this road?
Do we become terrified, cry, laugh, or embrace each change with a joyful heart?

What shall we chat about, I say?

So much runs through my head these days as I sequester here in my little home.

The smoke remains for yet another day, but soon the rains will come. I do love to walk in the rain, so please dear rain come today and wash it all away. Wash away the smoke of sorrow, sadness and bring back hope and joy. Soon 2020 will be but a memory, soon I dream of new delights where we can walk freely outdoors, embrace each other, and feel love in our world. What are you thinking about these days? Is it heavy on your heart? I hope soon we all have a "singing heart".

Singing Heart

I woke up this morning

To a singing start;

I went about the live-long day,

A song within my heart.

"Sing before you breakfast;

Cry before you sleep, "

Is an old, old saying,

But never one I keep.

I sing, and I go dancing,

With music in my tread,

Until at length I've sung myself

To supper and to bed.

~Ethel Romig Fuller, Kitchen Sonnets

 

 Rest, embrace the adventure!

Happy weekend, dear friends!


3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I do hope that your rain will alleviate the smoke. I feel so for you. I was having trouble just with the smoke from having a fire in the fireplace and reacting badly. I cannot begin to imagine what it is like to live within it. Yes, I hope you have a lot of rain.

It would be nice to chat about something other than the pandemic, but I know all discussions go back to that!

Mary said...

Oh yes, wish so much of this 24+ hours of heavy hurricane rain in the southeast could be packaged up and sent to you. . . . . and all of Oregon. Hoping the fires will soon be quelled - it's all so very, very sad.

Rhubarb tea bread sounds delicious - I would so love a slice with a cuppa and you seated across from me. What a lot we'd have to chat about these days when life has thrown so much at us. Some days are really hard to manage and I find falling into bed a bit earlier, with a book, helps me close down the day with hope the next one will be better.

Today we will attend the memorial service for our dear neighbor of 12 years - she died end of March and only now can the family get together due to COVID restrictions. It will be sad but at last some closure.

Stay cheery Marilyn - and perhaps today you will be walking in the rain, soaked to the skin, and the smoke will start to clear. My fingers are crossed.

Mary X

mamasmercantile said...

I do hope that you get the rain to wash the smoke away. My heart goes out to all those affected by these dreadful fires. As I go through my little adventures of life I try to keep positive and focus on the good thanking our Lord for every blessing. I would love to sit and chat awhile, tea would be lovely.