Thursday, September 10, 2020

Dahlias

 

Last Saturday my "live-in gardener" and I took about a 40 minute drive south of town to see the dahlias

at Swan Island Dahlia Farm. There were too many people with the same idea, so we snapped a few pictures and headed home.

I hope you enjoy our quick peek at the dahlias for this season.

I always like the pink ones the best.

But there were so many beautiful colors. It was like a rainbow in the field.






Well online today I saw pictures of these same gardens and the light was bright red.   How sad to see, as the red was caused from the sun trying to get through the smoke of all the fires.
It is a very sad situation on the west coast of the USA. Fires are everywhere.      My cousin and his wife, plus their son and his family lost their homes to the fires.  Now my daughter and grandson are evacuating and will be with us for maybe one night or who knows how long. The smoke was really bad today and not advised to be outside or go walking.  Portland isn't in jeopardy at this moment, but we are not sure if they will be able to hold it back. Please pray for rain, no wind, cooler temperatures, and help for the fire people.

Take care dear friends and may you have a blessed weekend.
Hug each other and stay safe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your family, Marilyn, as well as with the many others in harms way...stay safe!
Susan

Linda P said...

I have been thinking of you ever since we saw the wildfires on the news. The situation is worrying for you all in that area. Beautiful dahlias, but a reminder that these businesses and homes outside the city are in danger from the fires. I join with you in praying for rain, calm weather with no wind to fan the flames and safety for all in your region.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful Dahlias garden. So glad you got to visit it, Marilyn. I've always wanted to grow Dahlias in my garden, but don't know much about them. I have a blog friend who loves them. That purple and white one is so lovely. Not sure if you are talking about the fires in California, but Yes, we have been getting them every year, and it's such a scary thing. I'm so sorry your cousin and his family lost their homes. It's good that your daughter will stay with you for awhile.

Take care, Marilyn. Have a peaceful weekend.

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

Such a joy to see the dahlias and their beauty. So sorry to read about the fires and the devastation. You and all those affected remain in my prayers.

Lorrie said...

The dahlias are beautiful and I'm glad you got to see them without the red skies. Such tragedy with the fires. We are blanketed with the smoke and think often of our neighbours to the south and pray for rain and an easing of the fires.

Joy B said...

Praying for rain for all the fire areas!