Thursday, September 3, 2020

This Week

Flowers from my garden with one of my vintage tablecloths in the background.
 

This week has blended into another week where each day seems the same while staying home.   One thing I am doing a lot of is reading. Here is my most recent books, some of which are still in process.

All of them really good.

When we Believed in Mermaids, by Barbara O'Neal, I want to read more by her.

Me and White Supremacy, by Layla F. Saad, still working my way through this. There's a lot of work to be done.

Simple Abundance, by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I started this in January and plan on finishing it at the end of the year. I have been through it before, but never quite finished it. September is about discovering the beauty around you. I look forward to that.

The Butterfly Room, by Lucinda Riley I have loved everyone of her books and this one didn't disappoint.

Tea in the garden with a book of wildflowers. Underneath it all is a vintage quilt piece.
Tea in the garden with a chocolate cupcake and cherry on top. I love this vintage cherry tablecloth.
Tea in the garden with another vintage tablecloth. Doesn't it have an autumn/fall feel?

I thought it would be fun to photograph my collection of vintage tablecloths; so every couple days I am setting up teatime in the garden. After-all, teatime in the garden is the very best while the weather is still cooperating. You know it will come to an end and we won't be able to play outdoors; so playing I am doing. 

Walking is part of my agenda most days too.

 And life goes on one way or the other with some creativity in our thinking it will be OK.


Happy weekend, dear friends!

 

9 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous vignettes!Hugs!

Laura said...

i've added several of those books to my tbr list. i love book recommendations. your tea spot looks lovely in every picture. the packet you sent me arrived safely and i'm looking forward to trying the teas you sent. thank you so much for your kindness.
blessings
~*~

Jeanie said...

I've been reading a lot too. I like your use of your vintage tablecloths. They're so pretty and as always your tables are beautiful!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful tablecloths and tea times. Your books sound interesting. I'm always looking for new books to read. We are eating dinner on the patio as much as we can - these days are gorgeous and I know they won't last.

Linda P said...

So glad that you can set out your table in the garden with those beautiful vintage tablecloths and enjoy teatime and a quiet read. I have Lucinda Riley books, but not the one you recommend. I think I'll enjoy my September reading now I'm able to order and collect books from the local library again after a time of closure.

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, I just love how you set up each table for tea time in the garden. And I like that you coordinate the colors with the table cloths and tea cups and flowers. Those flowers look like black-eyed Susans, they're so pretty. And is that a red tea cup I see? It's lovely.

Wishing you beautiful September days, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

The flowers in the first photo are amazing! I love how you create beauty around you. Love all of the vintage tablecloths, especially the cherries, -Cara

Rosemary said...

Your tea in the garden photos offer such a beautiful respite and tranquil delight!

Tracy said...

NICE reading list, Marilyn! I've always loved Simple Abundance--it makes a great journalling companion. During the summer I read Me and White Supremacy--it was tough but necessary reading, and I'm still digesting a lot of it weeks later and figuring out all I can do to combat racisim...so much to do on this topic! Lovely photos... what a respite! ((HUGS))