Monday, January 27, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Stroll,
A walk; A daycation. Dance from Wikipedia
Now I hadn't thought of a dance when the word came to me this week,
but indeed I remember that dance many years ago.
So a dance it will be. Can you imagine strolling down these trails?
I think I must love paths to stroll because looking through my pictures there were many paths.
Corey of French La Vie blog wrote recently: "A flâneur is someone going for a stroll, taking in the sights and sounds of the streets and possibly having some elevated thoughts as they do it. It has a sense of sophistication, possibly even intellectualism, as it originated in the 19th century when only the monied classes had the leisure time to take aimless strolls."

Now I had started this post before I saw Corey's post, but
her words were just to good not to repeat. Thanks, Corey!
Secret, tucked away places and then avenues that beckon us.
Both in the country and in the city strolling is beckoning.
Do you love a country lane for strolling?
Come with me and let's take a stroll.
I can almost hear strolling music, can you?
Stroll just forms romantic thought more than a simple walk.
Listen to the music and stroll, dear friends!

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the thought of a stroll and long for nicer days in which to do it! Lovely images. I think I used that quote on a Cork Poppers invitation!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

All of those paths look so inviting - I'm always in for a leisurely stroll ♥ Nice to meet you my fellow Porlander!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I very much enjoy walking and do it all the time. All of these paths look inviting and I am sure a few birds would come along to keep me comoany.

mamasmercantile said...

Each one a joy to behold.

Rosemary said...

Oh... those walkways are so inviting!

Linda P said...

Some lovely places pictured here where you can have a good meander, Marilyn.

Mary said...

Yes, I love a good stroll and if in the countryside it's even more special.

Running is out and has been for a long time, fast walking only when I can't excuse real exercise any longer, but the gentle stroll and taking time for really looking at nature's beauty. . . . . . .I'm always up for that!

Lovely photos of pretty places.
Mary x