Saturday, April 27, 2024

Canemah, Oregon

Canemah, Oregon was first settled by American Indians. It overlooks the Willamette River at the falls and was the landing place for traveling by canoe to traverse the waterfalls in the river. Now it is a nature park with a beautiful trail and during this time of year wildflowers. 

My grandson loves climbing on these rocks when we hike here.

Later there was a pioneer settlement here, which became part of Oregon City. Oregon City is the end of the Oregon Trail. There is a lot of historical monuments and a museum here in the city. 

The blue Camas lilies were just beginning to bloom.

But what I enjoy is just walking in their footsteps, seeing the wildflowers and nature around me.

At the far end of the trail is a historic graveyard, which on this visit was fenced off. Someday I hope to hike there so I can read the memorials to those that once lived in the area.

Fawn lilies were in bloom.



 It was a gorgeous day with very few on the trail. A time to pause and enjoy nature surrounding me.
 
What have you done this week to pause and notice?
 
Sending love, Marilyn

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is beautiful territory and I love those blue blooms. I love that you hike there with your grandson!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oregon is so pretty. It must be in full bloom right now. Interesting that the trail used to be a pioneer settlement. My favorite era of all. Such a lovely place you visited, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Fawn lilies and camas flowers are blooming here, too. Such a beautiful place you visited, with lots of history.