Monday, April 8, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy

 "Give yourself kindness and grace. then regift it as often as possible." Unknown

Several of my children's teasets have gone to friends and family.
 

"There's a way to regift that's open and honest," says Post. For example, if you give a piece of vintage jewelry to a family member, say something like, "I'm giving you this from my own collection, because I think it's something you'd really like, and it feels good to share something with a family history with you."

Last year we dug the dahlias from our garden and planted them in our daughter's garden. Maybe it was a selfish "gifting". I know they bring her joy, but I can drive to her house and enjoy them still.


I love passing along a book I have read and then it brings me joy to share the story I enjoyed with someone else.
 

As I work at "downsizing" I have been thrilled to bring joy to a friend or two with a small gift from my own collection of things.  Also, I have found Buy Nothing on Facebook where people in my own neighborhood can enjoy the little things in my cupboard that I no longer use.

I have found a joy in passing it on.

So the idea of "re-gifting" or "passing it on" is an act of kindness and joy.

Do you find joy in passing it on?

Sending love, Marilyn

 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I agree about passing it on. And doing more and more of it lately!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Yes, I love passing keepsakes on to my daughters, especially those treasures that belonged to their grandmothers and such. I just came across a Christmas bell, and I thought to myself, "who could I give this to?" That's the best part of downsizing. We get to give our special things away to those we love. And we seem to know just who would appreciate it. The Dahlia's such an interesting flower. And such a pretty color. I like the white tea sets too.

Have a good rest of the week, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

Such very good advice! I have been the recipient of a few special treasures given to me by friends, and it is a joy and honor to be selected as the recipient of their gift. I must start doing this, and spread joy to others.