Friday, July 19, 2024

TeaFestPDX 2024

 TeaFestPDX - 2024

 

Last Friday was time to set up for the TeaFestPDX. The tent on the left is the British tent. It is the one I organize. I have organized it each year since 2017, except for 2 years during the pandemic. To the right is where the tea festival sells used teaware to raise money for next year. Setting up is fun -- Oh the anticipation!

My pictures actually are in reverse to what took place for me, but still happened.

Right below you will see the tea van and above are people sipping tea inside the van. They come every year and set up back against the trees. It's a very mellow vibe. I don't get to visit the vendors and tea sipping venues until late in the day, which is probably OK as it isn't as crowded.

The multi colored shirt guy to the left at this table attends all the tea festivals in the Pacific Northwest. He doesn't have a business, but still brings along his table and chairs and sits there all day sharing tea with anyone that wants to sit and drink awhile.

My last speaker of the day, Bryon Marie, spoke on the history of Suffragettes in Portland 100 years ago and was representing a local tea spot in a downtown hotel, Abigail Hall.

Kris and Erin from the Framer's Touch in Forest Grove along with myself shared about art on a teabag.

They have a tea bag art show every April in their shop. It's the show I participated in this year. Their energy and kindness to all the attendees in the tent was so special.

Jhanne and Zack from Stash Tea shared the book, All the Tea in China.

Representatives from the Daughters of the British Empire shared the history of afternoon tea and scones. They baked scones for each of the attendees in the British tent.

Stephanie was the Education Coordinator for the festival this year and did an amazing job. In 2020 I had scheduled Stephanie to talk about Suffragettes and Tea. Finally we got it done!!! I loved having her be a part of the British tent even though I know she was so busy elsewhere in the festival.

The first presentation each year is by Lisa Hand and her assistant, Lynelle. They always come in costume and have something fun to share. This year it was the Language of Flowers.


Here is the tent ready for the day. My volunteers are the best and have fun working to make it a pleasant tea sort of day for each attendee.

Used teaware for sale. I resisted, though tempted.


Before we started the day I did a quick run through part of the vendor tent.

A bowl full of ceramic tiny bunnies for the tea table by Jonathon Steele. 

I did come home with one very tiny white bunny.

Note to Madelyne: The bunny is what "tea nerds" call a tea pet for their tea trays.

The ceramic artist booth.

Floating Leaves, Hi, Shuiwin!

The Tao of Tea gave ceremony demonstrations, which I missed. They were one of the festival sponsors this year.

Minto Tea farm from Salem, Oregon taught a class and sold tea plants and tea.

It's a really big vendor tent and there were more in one building too.

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse of TeaFestPDX - 2024.
 
Sending love and happy weekend!
Marilyn

3 comments:

xoxo said...

What a lovely day and a lot of work ... congratulations. Are the bunnies just decorative? - Madelyne

KitKat said...

Looks delightful! Wish we had something like in our area.

Jeanie said...

This looks like such fun. You know if I lived in Portland, I'd be there!