Monday, July 29, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy


 

 A prayer by Laura Jean Truman

God, 

Keep my anger from becoming meanness. 

 Keep my sorrow from collapsing into self-pity. 

Keep my heart soft enough to keep breaking. 

Keep my anger turned towards justice, not cruelty. 

 Remind me that all of this, every bit of it, is for love. 

Keep me fiercely kind

Amen.


And definitely keep our hearts and our behavior "fiercely kind". Yes, "fiercely"!!!!!

There is so much sorrow, so much anger, so much maliciousness in the world today, keep me kind!

 Sending love,

Marilyn

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

A wonderful quote and gorgeous images!

Lorrie said...

Oooh, I like that - fiercely kind! Let it be so.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, Marilyn. I was revisiting my own blog and thought I would come to visit you. It makes me so happy that you have continued blogging. I have missed it so.