Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tea in the Rain

A few weeks ago I invited my daughter and a friend to join me in the park for tea. We finally decided to meet November 12th. Well the day came and it was raining, but we decided to meet anyway. What a special 1 hour visit over tea. The wind was blowing and the rain was falling, but the time together was precious and warm.
As you see sharing tea doesn't need to always be a fancy ordeal, but a warm time of sharing. Make time to share with a friend or family member. I am looking forward to winter when we can have tea again in the snow. Celebrate each day!
Don't forget to leave comments for my 100th posting tomorrow. See the announcement on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

This is such a lovely post Marilyn. Simple and happy. Makes me yearn for Portland.

La Tea Dah said...

Oh, what a fun thing to do! Everything looks lovely --- warm from the heart. I love wintery outdoor teas. A few years ago I met some friends '1/2 way' which happened to be at Bonneville Dam. We had a full tea luncheon under the pavilion there. It was brisk and breezy, but what fun we had! The 3-tiered trays, teapots, and linen napkins stunned my friends who expected maybe a thermos and sandwiches in zip-lock bags. Isn't it fun creating memories?

LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

That looks fun!!!
Why haven't I thought of that??
I will think of ways to have more fun... !!
Diane

Rosemary said...

What a fun gathering! Doesn't look like the rain dampened anyone's spirits!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love your adventurous spirit, Marilyn! I love to have tea outdoors. And I think it would be special in the rain or snow. But, So. CA. is still having temps in the 80's and 90's. I may have to head for the beach where I can at least enjoy tea by the water.

Steph said...

What a wonderful and very memorable day. I am smiling a very big smile for you and these special people!