Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oregon State Fair




Friday I went to the Oregon State Fair.
I hadn't been in many years.
Yes, there were quilts, jams and jellies, cakes, cows, bunnies,
rides and people there.
But that wasn't why I was there.
Can you guess?
I was there to judge the first tea competition and the scone competition.
Tasting 26 teas in two hours was quite a fete.
Tasting about a dozen scones was quite a delight.

The tea competition had several categories from herbals, blacks, greens, and oolongs.
The scone competition also had several categories from plain to fruit to savory.
There was a new herbal tea company with very nice blends.
There was a most unique scone with strawberries, strawberry pudding mix, and Greek yogurt.

I found that it was very good having more than one person judge, as each of us had our own opinion
and sometimes they differed.  In the end there were many winners and I felt like a winner for
getting to be a judge at the Oregon State Fair.

11 comments:

parTea lady said...

What a fun day at the fair you must have had tasting tea and scones. It looks like a great event with lots of my favorite things. Those fancy cakes are wonderful and the selection of quilts is great.

Zaa said...

Lucky YOU ...
I'd love to taste all those yummy scones ...I do believe you had fun.... What a super event to be part of ..Thanks for sharing...Now I'll have to go make some scones ( ha Ha)>>> HUGS

koralee said...

I love Fall fairs .....What fun tasting tea...thank you for sharing. xoxox

beth said...

and now you're a judge, too....wow, you da bomb

{can you tell i have kid back in the house...LOL}

ps....HOW FUN!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

How fun to be the judge!! I bet it was really hard to decide on who to give the ribbons to.

christina said...

oh this sounds yummy!
xo

Jeanie said...

Wow -- I've never known a fair judge! I bet that was tons of fun! Love the photos -- I don't think I've ever been to a state fair either, but those pix make me want to go now!

Faye said...

I've exhibited at the state fair, some of my knitted things. Lots of competition, but I got a blue ribbon on a baby afgan a few years back. That was pretty exciting!!!

Adrienne said...

What an interesting experience! It would be fun to watch the judging some time!
~Adrienne~

Angela McRae said...

Quilts, tea and scones? Now that's MY kind of fair! Lucky you!!!

LisaKnowsTea said...

Sounds Fun!!!