Friday, September 23, 2011

The Porch





Welcome to Emma Wagner Giesy's front porch.
Emma, "was the only woman sent to the Oregon Territory in the 1850s
to help found a communal society."
Her home is now part of the Old Aurora Colony Museum.

I have always fallen in love with old porches and when
I saw this porch I knew I wanted to photograph it.
I have seen so many beautiful pictures of porches in magazines and online;
so my challenge was to have some beautiful flowers and of course tea while sitting
on Emma's porch.
I had a wonderful time yesterday taking pictures here and
send thanks to the Old Aurora Colony Museum for allowing
me to photograph Emma's porch.

You can learn more about the museum by visiting their website:  www.AuroraColony.com

*******************
The winner of Monday's Give-Away is: Kate at A Spoonful of Thyme
Congratulations to you!