Thursday, September 6, 2018

Be Enchanted by the Beauty Surrounding You



Often I mention "notice what you notice"
But being enchanted by what you notice
Take it to your heart
Swoon, Delight, Laugh, Love
What do you feel when you sniff a fragrant rose
or tuck your nose under a babies chin?
Does your heart sing when you see a sunset full of color
or hear the pitter patter of a soft rain outside your window? 
When you walk along the road and touch a leaf that feels like silk
or stroll through the marketplace and touch the fuzz of a peach,
does it make your heart happy?
Shopping for clothes, does the feel entice you to buy?
Does a particular song entice you to move and sway?
Awww, the taste of a something special on your tongue and in your throat,
does it make you want to savor the memory of that flavor?
The senses, each one so special, if we pay attention
can cause enchantment.
Songs have been written on that enchantment.
It can make a day sweeter.
It can bring love.
The word itself brings to mind fairy tales.
And I smile.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Your photos are so beautiful, and as always, your words are inspiring!

fiona said...

My Heart sings with the Beauty of Nature which has me so often in awe x

Jeanie said...

Enchantment is a wonderful word. We don't use it (or maybe even feel or acknowledge it) often enough. Your thoughts in this post aren't only wonderful, they make me think.

Red Rose Alley said...

I smiled when you said "tuck your nose under a babies chin" cause I did just that this last weekend when I got to visit my grandbaby. Yes, if we use all the senses, then we will really delight in the simple pleasures. What a lovely field of flowers that is....and a lovely post too. : )

Have a relaxing weekend, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Laurie said...

Marilyn you have such a way with words. With me, the sounds of crickets and tree frogs; the change of colors from summer to fall. Walking in my bare feet, I feel connected to the earth, and all its beauty. Have a wonderful, blessed day Marilyn.

Tracy said...

SWOON-FULL delight is this, Marilyn... this give the happy feeling of fairy lights and fireflies... MAGIC! :))) ((HUGS))