Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Farewell Summer

 Being a water girl at heart, last March I wanted to have my birthday
party on the beach at the Columbia River.
The day was rainy, so the party was taken inside.
Yet the desire to sip tea by the river still sat in my heart.
 So yesterday two of my friends joined me for an early morning
(well 9AM is early for me) time sitting near the river sipping our morning tea
and nibbling on a freshly baked blueberry muffin.
It brought JOY to my heart to sit here with two special friends
and catch up on the news while watching the sun come from behind the clouds.
It was a salute to the end of summer and a welcome nod to Autumn,
which is just around the corner.
Yes, the signs of Autumn are starting to wave and say "see me".
After sipping our tea, it was time for one more stroll on the beach.
Farewell, dear Summer!
I enjoyed your warmth on my face, but sometimes you were just too hot.
Welcome, Autumn!
Your colors delight my heart.

Enjoy the transition with a special weekend, dear friends!
See you on Monday with a new tea quote.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Tending the Soul is letting God in.
Your Live-in Gardener

Adrienne said...

What a beautiful celebration! Farewell to Summer should be a new 'ritual' in my life.
~Adrienne~

Thelma said...

Nice farewell to Summer with friends. You table is very pretty and the muffins look delicious. Happy Autumn.

Connie said...

What a charming table and what a marvelous view.
A very sweet way to say goodbye to Summer.
I hope you'll come visit, I'm saying good-bye to summer too.
Connie :)

Jeanie said...

Oh, I understand that last farewell to summer. I know it too well, as you know. This looks like the most perfect way to bid farewell to the season but with that shoulder-season touch of gold on the cloth and a glorious blue sky.

I love Live-In Gardener's words above.

Connie said...

Hi Marilyn, thanks for returning my visit, I love making new friends.

Linda P said...

Tea and muffins with friends in that lovely setting by the lake is a delightful way to celebrate the end of Summer and the beginning of Autumn days.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your table is so charming, Marilyn. It looks just like Fall with all the colors of the season. The blueberry muffins look Yummy. I had a pumpkin muffin this morning. This is a nice table setting for you and your friends. Love that last picture.

~Sheri

Bernideen said...

What a lovely table!!!

Tracy said...

What a LOVELY way to welcome in autumn... tea by the river! What a pretty little tablescape in nature! LOVE the touches of burgundy with the yellow and orange... Happy Autumn Days, my friend :) ((HUGS))