Monday, September 3, 2018

Monday's Tea Quote



 "People are all 'jeezled' up.
 If they took some chamomile tea
 and spent more time rocking on the porch in the evening 
listening to the liquid song of the hermit thrush,
 they might enjoy life more." 
~Tasha Tudor

Recently on the cooler evenings I have been sipping chamomile latte's.
I love a cup of tea in the evening, but it keeps me awake;
so this latte works for me.

Chamomile Latte recipe: 
Steep 1/2 a mug of chamomile tea
add almond milk to fill the mug
and about 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract.
You can add honey if you desire more sweetness.
Pop in the microwave to warm it,
then enjoy a calming cup of tea before bedtime.
If you have a frother, it makes it even more special
to froth the drink after warming.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

The Victorian Girl said...

Love that Tasha Tudor quote!

fiona said...

Love the quote Marilyn💙

I do not enjoy the taste of Chamomile by itself but
I like the sound of your recipe and may try it x

Mary said...

So pretty with the mini meringues!
Tasha T certainly had it all right when it came to living - if only we could return to 'the old ways'.

Your recipe for the latte sounds so good - may have to try that - perhaps in the coming cooler evenings.

Happy week ahead dear Marilyn.
Mary X

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I have Chamomile tea almost every night, Marilyn. What a peaceful and pretty picture this is today. That green dish looks like milk glass, so vintage looking. I always enjoy your Monday quotes.

~Sheri

Laurie said...

I love chamomile tea, and am going to try this. There's always almond milk in the fridge, why hadn't I thunk!? I love Tasha, she was such a kind sole.

Tracy said...

LOVE this invitation to slow down, Marilyn... and the recipe too! I've not had an herbal latte before! :) Such a pretty image... Happy new week, my friend ((HUGS))

Angela McRae said...

Funny that I happen to be sitting here drinking some chamomile *iced* tea, but I definitely like the sound of your latte recipe and will have to try it. And your pretty green dish looks like tatting to me, even to the picots at the tips!

Jeanie said...

So pretty, the blue and those meringues. It looks so tranquil!

Adrienne said...

Catching up again! We've been away with our cabin-on-wheels and had no cell or internet most of the time. I love this recipe and I only wish I had a porch where I could sit and enjoy the sunset while I sip my Chamomile Latte! Thank you for sharing this with us.
~Adrienne~