Monday, September 24, 2018

Monday's Tea Quote

Adrift over the lake,
who can say where willow fuzz is heading,
or how my life came to resemble
this sudden burst of rain
falling wherever it falls
without once having to decide?

Even how many bowls 
of Silver Needles* I've sipped
watching all this unfold
through the teahouse window,
I couldn't begin to tell you.

The more the years accrue
the less knowing matters.
~Daniel Skach-Mills

*Silver Needles is the shape and color of some loose leaf teas

Could you imagine sipping tea made in this kettle out in a little cabin by a lake?
I love to make mind stories and imagine things such as this.
Happy Monday, dear friends!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love this and thanks for explaining what 'silver needles' are dear!

Close to you but still too far to see you sadly. Heading back to Seattle today for the overnight flight home.
Nice trip but tired and looking forward to getting home as always after traveling.

Here's to a great week Marilyn, may it be full of good cups of tea, and peaceful moments to enjoy them.
Hugs - Mary

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

so evocative. Yes! I make up pretty stories with objects too! Happy Monday!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a charming picture, Marilyn. I always delight in your photos. : )

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

I'm glad you explained what silver needles are - such a poetic name for tea. Tea out in the wilds is something I enjoy very much. We often take a thermos of tea on a hike, as well as water.

Jeanie said...

I think certain vignettes just inspire creative stories -- and I love your idea of the cabin by th elake!