Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Find the Magic

Pictures inspire me to write, especially if there is a path or stairs.
Where is life taking us?
What can we find when we move ahead, face the challenge,
go where the end is not known?
Do we risk the travel?
Do we move forward or freeze in the path?

I have been thinking alot lately about being in my mid-70's.
I am thankful for good health and still an active, vibrant woman.
Sometimes I feel weary of the walk, but I know I can rest for awhile.
And other times I feel just bursting with energy
and face the world with gusto. 
Each day I try to face the magic of the day.
I love the surprises.
I love the discoveries.
I embrace the sadness along the way,
but always open my eyes to what is around me,
searching for the magic and savoring it too.

What do you see in this picture?
Notice what you notice.
Is it the dirt path?
Did you notice the brick in the path
or the leaves of a rhubarb plant?
It looks like up ahead there is another path,
did you see it?

When I let my light shine
I sometimes feel it will overpower me.
Some try to dampen the light,
but I have learned we cannot please everyone.
We are all different
and the most JOY comes from the light.
So notice what you notice,
let your light shine,
and embrace each day with magic.

Trust the Adventure!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

No one can dampen our light if we protect it, honor it and live it. And you are right == the most joy comes from the light. Beautifully photographed and stated, Marilyn -- and you do have a wonderful, bright light!

Tracy said...

The Magic of the Day... I may have to borrow that phrase, write it on my calendar, for that it is a fabulous way to approach a day! And letting our light SHINE is what we're supposed to do, to release the respond to the Magic of the Day. God created us to shine, His works of art. :) I think we forget to shine as we've had our light dampened, discourage and discounted by others, and that hurts... So letting our light shine is pure Courage... and Trust. ;) This is such a beautiful post, Marilyn... it speaks sooo MUCH!! And I love the image... I noticed the two paths right away, and wondered what difference would be found along each--each offering a variation on an Adventure. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

I see a peaceful walk in the country in this photo. I really like it. And your words are very special today. Yes, when the light is there, let it shine bright as ever! I can see you are finding much joy in this new year too. : )

~Sheri