Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Tea, Book, and a Cozy Fire

Many of you are experiencing record breaking cold weather this winter.
So far it has been mild here in Oregon, but snow may come in February.
In the meantime I am thinking of you sitting by the fire, wrapped
in a woolly shawl with a good book and a cup of warm tea.
What are you reading?
What is in your cup?

Lucinda Riley is one fiction author I enjoy.
I just finished a mystery written by her called The Love Letter.
Oh do I love the twists and turns of a good mystery.
In my cup is Harney & Sons Palm Court,
a black tea developed for New York's Plaza Hotel.
The tea is just right for a cold winter's day and
who doesn't like a good mystery.
So wrapped in a woolly shawl, sitting by the fire I will be.

What do you have on the shelf for those days that you stay in by the fire?
Is it a good book, a good tea, a warm shawl, or maybe
marshmallows for a hot cup of chocolate?

7 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful cozy photos!

Mary said...

I'm not wishing winter over as I like the cooler days - unfortunately here too many have been unlike winter with much warmth, and temps. up and down - very unhealthy!
So, I will gather the throws, pull on the fleece socks, continue to light a fire, pour a hot drink, and grab my knitting or my book! Right now I'm reading my second Anuradha Roy novel "The Folded Earth" after just completing her first wonderful story of India "An Atlas of Impossible Longing". A magnificent writer, enlightening stories of families and culture. . . . . . .and of course plenty of cups of tea!!!!

Hugs - Mary

Red Rose Alley said...

This is such a cozy picture, Marilyn. Right now, I'm drinking a hot cup of coffee, reading my favorite blogs. I haven't used the fireplace yet, as we don't get terribly cold winters here. But it sure sounds nice with a warm blanket and a good book to read....and maybe a treat or two. ; )

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

It's definitely hot tea and reading weather. I just put up a post about my own reading today. I finished a book last night (The Chilbury Ladies' Choir) and am looking at what to read next. What a cozy scene.

Jeanie said...

Coziest photos I've ever seen! I wish I had a working fireplace; it would be getting a workout this week for sure! But a book, shawl, tea or cocoa with marshmallows -- I'm all over that like a wet blanket!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Nothing like a good fire! So cozy! I love a nice mocha latte. But you are such a tea connoisseur! (I had to look up how to spell that, LOL!) Great pics!

Rosemary said...

Such a cozy comforting photo! I would cocoon myself in front of that fire and never want to do a thing!