Saturday, August 24, 2019

Teatime from the Garden

 Last evening I decided to have a teatime in the garden
with food from the garden.
There is an over abundance right now
and I am barely keeping up with it all.
You should see my kitchen, but no not really.
There are plums, apples, and tomatoes everywhere.
 I decided to try a new recipe for plum-rhubarb crisp.
Yes, the rhubarb even came from the garden.
 It was delicious.
 When I went picking I picked a few nasturtiums too.
They are so pretty decorating my plates, but also just shining in the garden.
 Then there were tomato and basil sandwiches too.
 I guess I could have made tea from the garden too, 
but I chose Doke Black Fusion, a second flush 2019 handmade organic black tea from India.
Thanks, Lochan Tea for this delightful tea.
It was perfect with my garden teatime.
And just because I wanted you to see my violets.
I gathered them together without the food.
The bare plate is standing in for the 9 plates I just found at 
an antique sale. I couldn't believe I found 9 of these beauties for $7. total.
I don't often buy plates anymore, as I have so many;
but who could resist. Limoges Haviland is also a weakness of mine,
especially when there are violets.
The cup and saucer are from my grandfathers set of violets and daisies.

So there you have it and a beginning to the weekend.
Now I must go make some jam with plums of course.
Plus there are more apples to peel and make apple pie filling for the freezer.
Winter will have some special treats.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

8 comments:

Mary said...

What a great find the violet plates are Marilyn, and so very pretty.
Your garden teatime is exquisite - you always make tea a beautiful time of your day.
The plum-rhubarb crisp would be something I would love!

Thelma said...

What a beautiful tea time with everything from your garden. I The plum rhubarb crisp sounds very delicious. I love your plate with the violets also. I have a cup and saucer with violets. If I get time, I'd love to do a tea in the garden. Thanks for the inspiration.

sustainablemum said...

Thank you for sharing your tea with us all. It looks wonderful, I love your pretty plates

Jeanie said...

Your "violets" are so pretty. And what a price -- I can see why you snatched them up! Your tea looks delicious with the crisp and those wonderful tomatoes. I'm thinking you have quite the yield from your garden!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous Tea set,so dainty with violets!Hugs!

Linda Jennings said...

As always, beautiful photography! What a great bargain on your plates!

Tracy said...

This is sooo NICE, Marilyn... love your beautiful impromptu tea time! And lovely "new" antique china you found--that's a really pretty pattern...and with violets!! So special... I have a weakness for Haviland Limoges anything too... ;) Your plum jam sounds delicious. We're not getting many plums this year, edible ones anyway... Happy Week ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

The summer bounty is beyond delicious! Tomatoes line my counter, sweet corn and watermelon round out a simple evening meal, zucchini is added to everything, and toss in a few colorful nasturtium because they are tasty too, and it makes for everything I love about summer! Add a good bargain into the mix, and it's simply fun all the way around!