Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Pumpkin Patch Adventure


Sunday there was an adventure to Sauvie Island, to Kruger Farms.
We had a goal!
The corn maze awaited, corn to nibble, caramel apples to imbibe, and pumpkins to find.
Well as you see there were flowers too.
You know I wouldn't miss an opportunity to photograph flowers.
All I could get was silly faces among the pumpkins.
He was imagining the silly faces on the pumpkins he was going to take home.
There was the maker of caramel apples to watch.
Some of the delights waiting to go home with us.
I don't think I have had a caramel apple since my own children were little.
With loose teeth this was a challenge,
but he persevered;
afterall, it was good roasted corn from the field.
He said it made all his teeth feel loose.
Now for me the adventure was trying to keep up
and find one 7 year old in the corn maze.
He and I entered the maze and he told me to run.
Sorry, but I don't run anymore.
He would run ahead, then stop and wait for me.
Well needless to say I found out later that he was
going out and telling the lady at the entrance that
he had lost his grandma in the maze.
It was all kind of funny and we did have fun.
We found a few zombies, but came home with pumpkins.

For a few hours it was fun to play at being a child.

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, the pumpkin patch! What a fun day you had, Marilyn. This is such a cute picture of your grandson siting on the pumpkins. Caramel apples are so Yummy. I used to make them every year, even when the kids were adults. They seem to taste so much better at the pumpkin farms. The corn maze sounds delightful, even if you couldn't run through it. What a memorable day with your little one, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I love that you were there with D and that he lost you in the maze! Pr3etty funny. Love both the photos of him and the apples look wonderful. I went to the cider mill and bought apples yesterday. Maybe I should go get some caramels!